Home - Documentation - Sourceforge
Freebirth is a free software bass synthesizer / step sequencer /
sample player for the linux operating system.
The bass synthesizer has the following features:
- three oscillators (saw, sine, square).
- phase offsets for each oscillator.
- separate filter and amplitude envelopes.
- seperate tuning for each oscillator.
The bass synthesizer is integrated with a step sequencer wich is
also capable of triggering 5 other samples. In addition two effect
busses (reverb and delay) are provided.
Freebirth is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
The current release is version 0.3.2.
Get it on the download
It has been tested on the following platforms:
There is a directory called raw/ underneath the freebirth
directory. This directory contains the samples that are loaded at
startup. They are 44.1 khz 16 bits little endian PCM mono files in
raw format. You can swap these files with new ones to give new
sounds to the sample playing section of Freebirth. Just make sure
that the files you replace them with are of the same name and same
format mentioned above.
Two mailing lists have been set up:
Follow the links above for information on how to post/subscribe/unsubscribe or read the archives.
- freebirth-user - for discussion of all matters of
interest to users of Freebirth, including requests for assistance
and feature requests.
- freebirth-devel - for discussion of the development of
Freebirth, including submission of patches.
- Topher Lafata (original author)
- Jake Donham (original author)
- Steve de Brun (graphic help)